Dear scrum admirers and practitioners. This article is about scrum masters that are willing to continue their education in the agile world. Beeing a scrum master for several years gave me enough time to practice what is preached and find proper solutions in day to day problems.
I’d like to share 10 points that made my time valuable of the many working sessions I had in the last couple of days on the CSPO training in Belgrade.
- As long as you don’t know as a scrum master of project leader how user stories are prioritized and given to the team for next sprint, now you actually see how they bring value and are calculated to tell you what to communicate to be given to the team first; 2.You can also think and evaluate as a CPO from one client requirement to an other and realize what needs to go 1st and what can bring maximum value to the next sprint;
3. You also start using the ROI equation: ROI (scrum) = (Total earnings per project – Cost (estimated business value* SP’s left to be done)) / Time to cost (sp’s not done* value of project) and calculate what requirement/different client requirement can and need to go 1st;
4. You start thinking more deeply when is the right time to release and how to communicate that in advance to your clients;
5. You start using the #Pareto principle (80-20 %) in everyday work as soon as you get best as you can of details from your refinement and re-prioritize your backlog;
6. Do small improvements every sprint and add them to the next one at the top of your backlog;
7. Use the PDCA cycle as soon as new project has arrived to get a proper business cycle and practice;
8. The value of MoSCoW scheme;
9. Risk in a project and how to calculate risk in user stories when launching a project;
10.back to basics and why we use scrum 🙂
I hope i helped few of the many that use scrum in everyday life or think start using it soon. 🙂 Good Luck *